Dr Anuja Joshi, OD (15 years of world wide experience, research and clinical)
“It is my sincerest pleasure to introduce myself. I am Dr. Anuja Joshi and it will be my honor to continue the highest standard of practice as set by Dr. Joseph Ross at Holistic Vision Care. Dr. Ross and I have many shared beliefs, the most important of which is to provide our patients with exceptional care.
I am a Canadian who has lived and studied in many countries around the world –Africa, Asia and Europe. I pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Physiology at McGill University in Montreal; a Masters degree at Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in London and received a scholarship to attain my doctorate degree at the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago. I have worked in a LASIK practice, private practice optometry and private practice ophthalmology over the last 15 years. Along with clinical practice, I participated in clinical research as well. My Dry Eye research allowed me to present a poster at an international symposium in Kamakura Japan. Additionally, I was part of a recently published paper that was studying devices that measure pressure for glaucoma. That being said, it has been a goal of mine to be able to pursue optometry in a private practice setting in order to promote the most up to date and highest standard of vision wellness. Everyday patient interaction is what brings a smile to my face.
In my experience, the world is actually very small and we all seem to have a lot in common. I anticipate that in trusting me with your care, we will also find a mutual interest. I look forward to meeting you all and extending myself into the Holistic Vision Care Family. I would like to thank Dr. Ross and Evelyn Ross in providing me the opportunity to achieve a goal and to carry forward Dr. Ross’ vision. See you soon!”
- Doctorate in Optometry – Illinois College Of Optometry
- BS In visual science – Illinois College Of Optometry
- Founder Of Holistic Optometry — created the basis for preventive holistic eye care. Implemented the first reversals of very early macular degeneration in the USA.
- Software Author and inventor of Digital Retinal Imaging
- Founder of 21Century-Ecommerce.com (software development for health care and more)
- Co-Founder of PCIBA (Putnam Business Development Group)
- Co-Founder of the Optimal-HealthCare.com — group for holistic and integrative medicine working together for over 15 years
- Certified Hypnotist – Hypnosis Motivation Institute
- Founder of The Winners Circle – Putnam County Networking and Honor Recognition Society for Exceptional Business
- Member of the council on sports vision
- Certified by the Board Of Examiners In Optometry in the treatment and management of ocular disease.
- Alpha Epsilon Pi — Lifetime Brother
- Tomb & Key — Optometric Honor Society.