Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies (Blondies)
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz of organic apple sauce
- ⅔ baby teaspoon stevia (concentrate)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips (stevia ideally)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Drain All the liquid from the can of chickpeas and discard!
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- To make these Dairy Free — remember to use dark chocolate that has no milk products or butter included.
NOTE: These cookies look dry on the outside but are always wet and moist on the inside. It is best to keep them in the fridge so they stay fresh and the cold makes them a bit more firmer!